Most visitors to your website are using computers with audio capabilities. Recently introduced techniques make it easy to take advantage of this capability.
In the past, web audio was primarily decorative, consisting of musical fanfares or other clichéd sound effects. Now, you can use audio to multiply the impact of your message and create stronger bonds with your visitors.
Audio’s power comes from its ability to engage more of your visitor’s senses. The more senses you engage, the easier it will be to effectively communicate. Instead of just reading your words and looking at your picture, you can communicate with your voice – and the voices of your clients.
The power of audio can be appreciated by comparing the newspaper column version of Tom and Ray Magliozzi’s Car Talk with the program aired each week on National Public Radio. Although the newspaper column and radio program address the same topics, it’s far more fun to listen to Car Talk – where you can experience Tom and Ray’s intonations and phrasing – than to read the same words.
Here are some of the ways you can employ audio on your website:
- Welcoming messages. You can create closer emotional bonds with website visitors by personally welcoming them to your site and introducing some of the features they should explore.
- Testimonials. Audio testimonials are far more powerful that written testimonials, especially if you include a photograph of the individual speaking the testimonial. The next best thing to a face-to-face referral is a recording of a client explaining their satisfaction with your product in their own words.
- Guarantees. Your satisfaction guarantees gain impact when you deliver them in your own voice. Place them on your order form, at the point of sale. People are inherently cautious about ordering products and services from the Internet. Reassure them that their credit card and personal information are safe with you.
- Seminars and teleconferences. Short excerpts about upcoming events can make your event even more appealing. Snippets from past seminars can whet visitors’ appetites for more.
- Tips. Add interest to your site by describing an audio ‘tip of the day’ or ‘tip of the week’ in your own words. Be sure to offer access to previous tips, too.
- Audio postcards. You can include audio invitations and testimonials as links in email sent to clients and prospects. To arrange an audio testimonial, simply provide your client with a phone number and password, and invite them to call up and express their satisfaction with their purchase from you. Audio postcards are a great way to stay in contact with your clients and prospects with an announcement of an upcoming product or service. They are also a quick way to acknowledge a special occasion.
- Streaming audio can be used to allow visitors to playback longer events, like seminars or teleconferences.
When you add audio to your website, allow your visitors to maintain control. Don’t begin playing your message when the webpage loads. Instead, invite visitors to ‘click here’ to hear your voice. Keep your messages as short and concise as possible.
And avoid ‘scripting’ your introductions and guarantees. Write down the key ideas you want to communicate, but deliver them in your own words as conversationally as possible.
Web audio is no longer a futuristic luxury. Web audio is here now and it’s as close as your telephone. It is an affordable and easily added feature that can set you apart from the competition and help communicate your message with added impact.
Roger C. Parker is the $32,000,000 author with over 1.6 million books in print. Do you make these marketing and design mistakes? Find out at www.gmarketing-design.com
audio streaming software, audio streaming server, live audio streaming, virtual audio streaming, audio streaming service, 94.7 audio streaming, internet audio streaming, audio streaming host, live audio streaming software, audio streaming hardware, audio stream server, free audio streaming, audio stream, audio streaming hosting, audio streaming recorder, audio streams, audio stream recorder, 94.7 highveld audio streaming, streaming music, wireless audio streaming, wifi audio streaming, streaming media, mpeg audio stream, 94.7 highveld stereo audio streaming, recording streaming audio, audio streaming device, streaming audio books, video streaming, audio streaming services, flash audio streaming, online radio, live audio streaming hosting, internet radio, streaming audio player, android audio streaming, audio stream hosting, web streaming, streaming internet radio, streaming servers, free audio streaming hosting, radio 2000 audio streaming, live audio stream, usb audio streaming, audio video stream, streaming audio software, audio video streaming, online audio streaming, free audio streaming software, free audio stream recorder, audio streaming servers, shout cast, how to stream audio, html5 audio streaming, audio streaming android, stream audio, audio streaming live, wondershare streaming audio, lan audio streaming, audio stream ripper, free audio streaming server, audio hosting streaming, audio streaming 94.7, streaming audio free, audio streaming provider, cnbc audio stream, talk 702 audio streaming, audio streaming free, wondershare audio streaming recorder, audio streaming radio stations, streaming audio radio, streaming audio flash, audio web streaming, mobile audio streaming, streaming audio downloader, audio streaming encoder, host streaming, free audio streaming recorder, audio video streaming server, video audio streaming, audio stream recording, live audio streaming free, free audio stream hosting, rip streaming audio, broadwave audio streaming server, audio streaming providers, streaming audio to mp3, audio streaming bandwidth, vlc audio stream, audio stream com, upload streaming audio, save audio stream, free live audio streaming, free live audio streaming software, audio streaming wifi, free audio stream, broadcast audio streaming, cnn audio stream, what is audio streaming, internet streaming music, audio streaming server free