for more articles
How to Record Meditation Scripts to Audio Equipment
|You’ve come across a few sites that offer meditation scripts and you’re really interested! Oh, what to do next?! More like, what to do first!?
If you're someone who loves to meditate (or wants to start) and has loads of meditation CD's why not try something novel? Record your voice using meditation scripts. Imagine this, each visually guided session personalised through using your voice. You now have the power to adjust your rhythm, volume, tone, and pitch to exactly how you like! When you want to change the way your meditation sounds, you can easily do this by re-recording the script! All the more power to you!
Setting the Mood
Before you begin your recording session check out the next 10 points first:
1. Choose the quietest room you can work from. Will there be background noise? Close off doors and windows and shut down (where possible) anything that will create background noise.
2. Pencil in some recording time in your diary and let people know you’re going to be off-line for an hour or so.
3. When you’re ready to start your session switch on the answering machine (if you have one) and reduce the ring tone volume. If possible also decrease the number of times the telephone rings before going to the answering machine.
4. Put some relaxing essential oils in an aromatherapy oil burner such as lavender, geranium or bergamot – you probably have your personal favourites - go with what you prefer. Get the full benefit of relaxation before you even begin meditating!
5. Prepare audio equipment of your choice (see - So what do you actually use to record your voice?).
6. If you’d like to, have your favourite relaxation music playing quietly in the background.
7. Read each script aloud and thoroughly prior to recording your voice. When you read aloud you’ll pick up more easily where your pauses should be and if you’re happy with the speed, modulation etc.
8. Finally – before you press the record button, take a few deep breaths – relax and continue to relax until you have a sense that you’re totally present and centred.
9. When you’re ready and you’ve practised your rhythm, speed, volume and pitch to a stage where you’re happy with it, record the first script. When you’re done, replay it and assess if you’re happy with it. You’ll soon hear whether you’re going to be happy with it. The great thing is you can always re–record the scripts.
10. If you’re unhappy with the sound of your recorded voice (some of us are) maybe your partner or a close friend (who is willing) will loan you theirs.
So what do you actually use to record your voice?
You can record these scripts easily by using a blank cassette and a cassette recorder. Alternatively you might prefer to record them using a voice recorder such as the Windows Sound Recorder - you'll find this on every installation of Windows. When you've completed your recording, you can burn it to a CD using a commercial CD copying program. Not only that, there are many free audio editor, software programs available for downloading on the internet - why not check out a few?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Michaela is a Transformational Coach, certified practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), writer and Metaphysician who is totally committed to helping others create positive and action oriented changes to their lives.
Michaela is the author of several e-books including Book of 10 Colour Meditation Scripts, Basic House-Clearing 101, the Energy Way, and is publisher of a monthly newsletter called From My Desk (see http://www.michaelascherr.com/Newsletters.htm).
Married to David, Michaela has two children and a grandchild and currently lives in Brisbane Australia.
audio streaming software, audio streaming server, live audio streaming, virtual audio streaming, audio streaming service, 94.7 audio streaming, internet audio streaming, audio streaming host, live audio streaming software, audio streaming hardware, audio stream server, free audio streaming, audio stream, audio streaming hosting, audio streaming recorder, audio streams, audio stream recorder, 94.7 highveld audio streaming, streaming music, wireless audio streaming, wifi audio streaming, streaming media, mpeg audio stream, 94.7 highveld stereo audio streaming, recording streaming audio, audio streaming device, streaming audio books, video streaming, audio streaming services, flash audio streaming, online radio, live audio streaming hosting, internet radio, streaming audio player, android audio streaming, audio stream hosting, web streaming, streaming internet radio, streaming servers, free audio streaming hosting, radio 2000 audio streaming, live audio stream, usb audio streaming, audio video stream, streaming audio software, audio video streaming, online audio streaming, free audio streaming software, free audio stream recorder, audio streaming servers, shout cast, how to stream audio, html5 audio streaming, audio streaming android, stream audio, audio streaming live, wondershare streaming audio, lan audio streaming, audio stream ripper, free audio streaming server, audio hosting streaming, audio streaming 94.7, streaming audio free, audio streaming provider, cnbc audio stream, talk 702 audio streaming, audio streaming free, wondershare audio streaming recorder, audio streaming radio stations, streaming audio radio, streaming audio flash, audio web streaming, mobile audio streaming, streaming audio downloader, audio streaming encoder, host streaming, free audio streaming recorder, audio video streaming server, video audio streaming, audio stream recording, live audio streaming free, free audio stream hosting, rip streaming audio, broadwave audio streaming server, audio streaming providers, streaming audio to mp3, audio streaming bandwidth, vlc audio stream, audio stream com, upload streaming audio, save audio stream, free live audio streaming, free live audio streaming software, audio streaming wifi, free audio stream, broadcast audio streaming, cnn audio stream, what is audio streaming, internet streaming music, audio streaming server free